OCAU Forums Online Users Record
Current record: Most users ever online was 1,143 11th of February, 2008, at 09:10 PM
The current record was achieved in an attempt to beat the previous attempt of 1100 people. Unlike the previous record attempt, there was no catastrophic failure of the server, nor was Agg drunk and unable to fiddle with the server, even though this was not required for this record.
The record was broken successively over the course of the period, finally achieving 1143 users online at once. Note that this was the first record set with guest viewing enabled since OCAU moved to VBulletin. Only 2 subforums have guest access allowed, but this no doubt helped reach the record.
- 1143 - 11th of February 2008 - Organised record break attempt by Vulkanyaz
- 1100 - 27th February 2007 - Organised record break attempt by -KoMoD0-
- 1059 - 6th March 2006 - Organised record break attempt by WaLLLY
- 829 - 9th August 2005 - About 10 minutes after the successful landing of the highly publicized Space Shuttle Discovery. There were also some mis-priced Dell HDD's.
- 808 - 9th August 2004 - Big Brother 2004 ended
- 652 - 13th January 2004 SCO versus the rest of the world (IBM and Novell by then)
- 612 - ?
- 607 - 5th August 2003 - SCO versus Unix?
- 542 - 26th February 2003 ISOnews closed, taken over by US Government
- 528 - ?
- 486 - 3rd June 2002
- 427 - 20th May 2002
- 422 - 9th April 2002
- 404 - 26th Feb 2002
- 267 - 29th October 2001
- 244 - 29th August 2001
- 205 - 30th July 2001
Entries marked with ? are mentioned in later news posts but I couldn't find the date for them.