Programs and Links For Overclockers
This Wiki entry is a replication of the Μust have programs and links for overclockers! sticky found in the OCAU Forums Overclocking and Hardware Discussion section with permission from the original author, MrSeanKon.
Note: Some programs listed in this thread are shareware so require you to buy them after a trial period.
Stability and testing programs
- Hot CPU Tester Pro Test CPU, RAM & chipset and burn-in CPU & RAM.
- Memtest86 - Floppy version and ISO Test your RAM.
- MemTest for Windows Allows you to run Memtest in Windows.
- OCCT Test your CPU.
- PiFast Calculate π.
- Prime95 Test your RAM and CPU.
- S&M Test RAM+CPU+PSU.
- Stress CPU and thread is here
- Stress Prime Variation on Prime95.
- Super Pi Calculate π=3.14159265.....
- Super Pi Measures times down to the millisecond for π caculation
- Toast Basically a burn-in program.
- 3dMark 2003
- 3dMark 2005
- 3dMark 2006
- 3dMark Vantage
- ATTO Hard disk benchmark.
- Everest home edition
- HDTach 270Hard disk benchmark.
- PC Mark series
- Sisoft Sandra
- WinRAR Although a compression utility, it is useful for benchmarking.
System tools / Monitoring / Information
- 8rdaVcore On the fly overclock.
- A64 tweakerAllows you to change memory timings in Windows for A64s.
- Central Brain Identifier Similar to CPU-Z but it allows you to change memory timings in Windows.
- ClockGenOn the fly oc!
- CPU-Z Shows timings, CPU speed/core/multiplier/stepping.
- GPU-Z GPU version of CPU-Z
- Crystal CpuID Similar to CPUz.
- GCpuID AMD PR-rating.
- HDD temperature
- Motherboard MonitorShows temperatures, voltages.
- OPN 462 PR-rating and stepping info.
- RightMark CPU clock utility Shows % CPU throttling.
- SIW Monitor program
- SpeedFan Monitor and change fan speeds and creates a graph showing the fluctuations.
- SysTool for Windows Windows tweaking, monitor nVidia/ATI o/c etc...
- Throttle Watch Shows % CPU throttling.
- WcpuID Similar to CPUz.
- Centrino Hardware Control
- Forceware Coolbits 2.0 (nVidia, Registry)
- Riva Tuner
- CPU Idle Cool your CPU (but I did not see difference).
- MemTurbo Defrag your RAM!
- MemMonster+WinBoost Defrag your RAM, tweak Windows!
- X-Setup and other useful tools
- Artic Silver web page (thermal paste)
- Benchmarking.Ru Software page.
- Download.comS oftware page (choose the nearest mirror).
- Many tools for benchmarking/stability etc
- Majorgeeks Software page.
- Rage3d thread
- Tucows site Software page (choose the nearest mirror).
Other useful programs for overclockers & others
- Advanced System OptimizerLike Tweak Power Pack.
- DiskeeperFaster defragmentation.
- Hard disk life
- Tweak Power PackTweak Windows, registry and hard disk cleaner.
- Windows Washer + Spy SweeperClean your hard disk from unnecessary files/anti-spyware tool.
Must read threads
Note: Many of the above manufacturers produce graphics cards as well.(Ex: Gigabyte,MSI etc.)
Hard disk/backup manufacturers<
Video cards/chipset manufacturers
I feel grateful to many OCAU users for giving me many links and, of course, for their great comments.