From OCAU Wiki
This is a transcribe of the Science Books thread in the Science Subforum, a cumulative list of various members' recommended reading. Recommendations can include anything from Astronomy, to Mathematics, all the way to that fiddly little thing we know as Quantum Mechanics, so long as it is a branch of Science, it's there.
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
- Arcadia - A Play by Tom Stoppard
- Asimov on Physics by Issac Asimov
- Asimov's New Guide to Science by Issac Asimov
- Before It's Too Late by Bernard Cohen
- Before the Fallout by Diana Preston
- Big Bang by Simon Singh
- Black Holes and Time Warps by Kip Thorne
- Bottle rocket handbook by Leo C. Singleton IV
- Chaos - Making a New Science by James Gleick
- Cosmos by Carl Sagan
- Disturbing the Universe by Freeman Dyson
- Einstein in Berlin by Thomas Levenson
- Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh
- Fireworks, The Art, Science and Technique by Takeo Shimizu
- Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott
- Fuzzy Logic by Daniel McNeill
- Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond
- Genius: The Life and Science of Richard Feynman by James Gleick
- God Created The Integers by Stephen Hawking
- Hitler's Scientists: Science, War, and the Devil's Pact by John Cornwell
- In Search of Schrodinger's Cat by John Gribbin
- In Search Of The Big Bang by John Gribbin
- Just Six Numbers by Martin Rees
- Lonely Hearts of the Cosmos by Dennis Overbye
- Molecular Biology Of The Gene by James D. Watson et. al.
- Nuclear Science and Society by Bernard Cohen
- Once Upon A Number by John Allen Paulos
- Out of Control by Kevin Kelly
- Power to Save the World: The Truth About Nuclear Energy by Gwyneth Cravens
- Radiochemistry and Nuclear Chemistry by Gregory Choppin et. al.
- Sex, Drugs and DNA: Science's Taboos Confronted by Michael Stebbins
- Six Easy Pieces by Richard Feynman, et. al.
- Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard Feynman, et. al.
- The Character of Physical Law by Richard Feynman
- The Chemistry of Fireworks by M S Russell
- The Code Book by Simon Singh
- The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan
- The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
- The End of Certainty by Ilya Prigogine
- The Feynman Lectures on Computation by Richard Feynman, et. al.
- The Feynman Lectures on Physics by Richard Feynman et. al.
- The Fifth Miracle by Paul Davies
- The First Three Minutes by Steven Weinberg
- The Meme Machine by Susan Blackmore and Richard Dawkins
- The Mind Of God by Paul Davies
- The Nuclear Energy Option by Bernard Cohen
- The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life by Charles Darwin
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- The Whole Shebang by Timothy Ferris
- Universe by William J. Kaufman
- Warped Passages by Lisa Randall
- What Do You Care What Other People Think? by Richard Feynman, et. al.
- Amazon Science Book search (majority of links above are to Amazon product pages)
- Science Books thread on the OCAU Forums, from which this list is updated
- Science subforum on the OCAU Forums