From OCAU Wiki
On Friday, August 13th, 2010, a memo that stated that Oracle had decided to close down the OpenSolaris project leaked out. 
OpenSolaris is based on Solaris, which was originally released by Sun in 1991. Solaris is a version of UNIX System V Release 4 (SVR4), jointly developed by Sun and AT&T to merge features from several existing Unix systems. It was licensed by Sun from Novell to replace SunOS.
- http://www.opensolaris.org - OpenSolaris home
- http://opensolaris.org/os/community/documentation/ - OpenSolaris documentation
- http://www.genunix.org/ - Latest Stable and Development Download Links
- Advice pls : BYO Home NAS for Media and backup images etc
- How to completely over-do your home fileserver.
- OpenSolaris & SMB - setting account permissions
- Setting up smartmontools on OpenSolaris
- Setting Up An OpenSolaris NAS Box: Father-Son Bonding - a very simple/easy guide..but was all I needed to get a ZFS server up and running.
- A Home Fileserver using ZFS - A comprehensive guide to building an opensolaris nas. Highly recommend this one.
- ZFS Tutorial Part 1
- Setting up a static network configuration with NWAM
- How do you configure OpenSolaris to automatically login a user?
- How to Set Up Samba in the OpenSolaris 2009.06 Release - Information Resources - wikis.sun.com
- Getting Started With the Solaris CIFS Service
- Mount NTFS / Ext2 / Ext3 / FAT 16 / FAT 32 in Solaris
- Mount NTFS / Ext2 / Ext3 / FAT 16 / FAT 32 in Solaris - note 2G limit.
- Seven Useful OpenSolaris ZFS Home Server/NAS Tips